IS A CHEMICAL PEEL RIGHT FOR ME?
A peel is not the right fit for you if:
1) The use of isotretinoin (accutane) in the past 6 to 12 months
2) The use of prescription Keratolytics within past 7 days: • Retin-A/Renova, Azelex (Azelaic Acid), Tazorac (Tazarotene), Differin (Adapalene)
3) The current use of Hydrocortisone
4) Any known allergies or sensitivities to products or ingredients
5) Allergy to aspirin (salicylic peels)
6) Is currently being treated for a facial skin disease by a dermatologist
7) Currently being treated for severe systemic or autoimmune disease. Must consult with their physician prior to treatment. 8) Infectious diseases | 183
9) History of radiation to the region
10) Laser resurfacing, chemical peels, or dermabrasion
11) Herpes simplex or active infection (must use a prophylactic prior to treatment)
12) History of hypertrophic scar formation
13) Pregnancy, breastfeeding
14) Obsessive pickers
15) Non-compliant clients or unstable patients
16) Diabetics for some peels
17) Visible redness, irritation or inflammation
18) History of extremely reactive skin
19) Moderate to severe Rosacea or current flare-up
20) Sunburned, wind-burned, or severely dehydrated with irritation
21) Broken skin or scrapes
22) Open sores, suspicious blemishes, bleeding, or basal cell carcinoma
23) Recent cosmetic injections within 5 days
24) Any recent cosmetic surgery. Must consult with physician prior to treatment
25) Any unsure situation, you should not proceed with treatment.
This treatment may cause increased sensitivity to the skin depending on your skin type and home care regimen. Side effects may include, but are not limited to stinging, itching-irritation, redness, swelling, tightness, peeling and scabbing of the skin.
To be eligible for treatment, you must be able to:
Avoid sun, tanning beds, sweating, exercising, hot baths or showers, scrubbing, picking, or rubbing; all can cause scarring
Avoid waxing or depilatories 48 hours before and 7 days after treatment.
Discontinue the use of exfoliating scrubs, glycolic acid, or benzoyl peroxide products for at least 24 hours before or after treatment.
Discontinue the use of prescription Vitamin A Keratolytic drugs 7 days before and after treatment.
A broad-spectrum sunscreen is recommended daily pre & post treatment.
A POST TREATMENT Kit is mandatory following every peeling treatment.